Your company is about much more than the products and services that you provide. Your office is made up of a team of individuals all bringing different talents and personalities to the table. Your office environment is equally as important to your business identity. Attracting more valuable employees to your company may be about ensuring that your office environment is interesting, engaging, and delightful. Here are some ideas for attracting superstars to your office using your environment.
- Comfort and safety. Employees will not perform at the top of their games if they don’t have a comfortable workspace. Pay attention to ergonomics as well as the safety of the office equipment you have in your building.
- Break room. A good break room can make all the difference. Stock it with healthy snack choices rather than a candy or soda machine. Have a comfortable space where your team can get away from their desks and relax during their lunches or breaks.
- Outside space. Staying behind walls and windows all day can make some people absolutely crazy. Offer outdoor space near your office and encourage people to take their lunches or their work outside. With mobile technology they should be able to work from anywhere.
- Collaborative environment. Cubicles are a relic from office environments of the past. Today’s big buzz is all about collaboration. Keep an open workspace so individuals can work together on projects and assignments. Use whiteboards or chalkboard space so ideas can be pitched to the entire team.
- Latest technology. While technology can change in the blink of an eye, it is a good idea to update hardware, software, and systems whenever it can fit within your budget. Use laptops and mobile devices to allow your team to take their work anywhere in the office or even work from home.
- Color. Maybe not surprisingly, the color of your office can have a positive or negative affect on your team. Gray interior designs are often considered depressing or sterile. Red or orange can encourage activity.
Do you think that improving your office environment can help attract new candidates to your open jobs? ProSource, staffing Pasadena Texas and beyond, can help you find out more today!