Are you currently searching for qualified candidates for your open position in Deer Park? How can you maximize your job posting for a local audience? There are several techniques to make sure your online job post is seen by all the right people and you attract the candidates you’re really looking for. Here are five ways to optimizing your job opening online.
- The right keywords. Google and other search engines have changed the game when it comes to optimization. It used to be that a post peppered with keywords would appear at the top of searches for those words or phrases. Today, the algorithms are different. Instead of keywords you want to make sure your post is dynamic with real information of interest to your desired audience. Be as clear and informative as possible so you draw readers into the post.
- Use blogging tools. Many companies today are using online tools such as WordPress to post jobs directly to their website. On WordPress you probably have several plugins that make is easy to optimize for search engines. Make sure that your job title isn’t the reference number. Rather than “Administrative Position 0729298” change the title to “Administrative Position Available in Deer Park TX.” Use the primary key words, the post title, and the description to sell your job online.
- Sell your company. A job description shouldn’t be limited to a list of duties and functions the new employee is expected to provide. You need to entice the right candidates to apply. Why do they want to work for your organization? Think about all the things you have to offer such as your company culture, flexible schedules, or excellent benefits. Use this information to draw people into the job post and encourage them to apply. Get them excited about working for your company, not just about applying for any job.
- Easy application process. The next step is to make it as easy as possible for potential candidates to apply to your position. In today’s world of smart phones and other mobile devices you should have an easy way for your site and job postings to be viewed this way. Offer a one-click application or an “apply with LinkedIn profile” option. The easier it is to apply, the more people will send in their information. If someone has to transfer to a desktop computer to complete the process, they may skip it all together.
- Allow the ability to share the job. With Twitter and Facebook commanding so much of the online communication space it is important to offer an option for jobs to be shared among networks. If someone sees a position and thinks it would be a perfect fit for a friend, they can click on “email this posting” and send it off quickly. Offer the ability to post on social media with buttons from Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Do you need help reaching out to the best candidates in Deer Park? ProSource, one of the leading staffing agencies in Deer Park Texas, can help you today!