There is a very big difference between managers and leaders, especially when it comes to supervising temporary staff. Managers are part of the corporate hierarchy and their authority is dictated by the environment. On the other hand, a leader is someone with innate skills who inspires others to do great things. When you’re managing temporary staff you have a special obligation to lead and inspire them on their assignment. Here are 6 characteristics that good leaders will have in a temporary workplace.
- Dedication. You need to be passionate about what you are doing right now. If you lose passion for what you are doing you will not inspire temporary employees to contribute to your business. Lead by example.
- Openness. Be approachable for all of your employees, both permanent and temporary. Be available when they have questions, comments or concerns about their job.
- Humor. A little fun in the office is very motivational. Encourage run, crack jokes and even throw surprise parties for your entire staff. Make your temporary staff exciting about returning to their assignment each day.
- Creativity. Set yourself apart from your competition by engaging in creative problem solving or innovation. Encourage your temp staff to go beyond their job description and think outside of the box.
- Hard work. The concept of working hard doesn’t have to mean giving up everything else outside of the office. Show your team results so they can get behind you as a leader.
- Fearlessness. Real leaders will take risks and learn from their failures. They don’t let fear stop them from trying something new. Encourage your temporary employees to experiment with new ways of doing things to expand their mind on the assignment.
Do you want to know more about managing temporary employees? Contact ProSource staffing agencies in Deer Park Texas to learn more!